TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire – for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
The mission of the Data Platform Singapore Business Partnering (DPSG BP) team is to empower the TikTok Business with data. Our goal is to build a Data Warehouse that can cater to batch and streaming data, Data Products that provide useful information to build efficient data metrics & dashboards which will be used to make smarter business decisions to support business growth. If you’re looking for a challenging ground to push your limits, this is the team for you!
As a data engineer in the data platform team, you will have the opportunity to build, optimize and grow one of the largest data platforms in the world. You’ll have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience on all kinds of systems in the data platform ecosystem. Your work will have a direct and huge impact on the company’s core products as well as hundreds of millions of users.
What you’ll do:
- Involved in the construction of offline and real-time data warehouses for our game business;
- Optimizing the data ETL process and solving technical issues related to massive data ETL
- Involved in data governance work in complex data link dependencies and multi-dimensional data content ecology
- Leveraging on our middle-platform architecture and product system to quickly implement data solutions for business.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- At least 3 years of experience in the Big Data technologies(Hadoop, M/R, Hive, Spark, Metastore, Presto, Flume, Kafka, ClickHouse, Flink etc.)
- Experience with performing data analysis, data ingestion and data integration
- Experience with schema design and data modeling
- Experience with ETL (Extraction, Transformation & Loading) and architecting data systems
- Experience in writing, analyzing and debugging SQL queries
- Experience working with gaming business will be a plus
- Deep understanding of various Big Data technologies
- Passionate and self-motivated about technologies in the Big Data area
- Solid communication and collaboration skills
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.