As Singapore’s leading supermarket retail player and a household name close to all, we have grown with you over the years. It is now your turn to grow an exciting new career and fulfil your aspirations with us. Join us as we embark on a journey to make lives better for our customers, community, environment and employees.
At NTUC FairPrice, we offer you more than just a job. We are committed in giving our employees a rewarding career through comprehensive development opportunities. We promise a wonderful workplace culture with ample opportunities for growth at different levels of your career. Every of our 10,000 employees across Singapore is important.
If the prospect of working in an organization at the forefront of retail technology and innovation excites you, look no further.
Grow your career with us today and make a difference.
DESIGNATION : Category Manager (FP On)
Reporting to the Group Category Manager, you will drive financial results for the categories under your care. You will be responsible for sourcing, buying, merchandising and attainment of sales, profit budget, Market share for category under your care. In the course of your work, you will liaise with suppliers on the negotiation of prices, products and promotions; as well as with business units on operational matters. You will also work with Distribution Centre / Purchasing Inventory Team to ensure sustainability of supplies/monitor stock movement and business continuity.
- Responsible in driving financial result of the category under his/her care
- Liaison with supplier on the negotiation of favourable trading terms, prices, products and promotions
- Develop Category Expansion Plan and creative promotional plans
- Negotiate sales and advertising rebates with supplier and plan for weekly/monthly promotions to achieve set target
- Ensure maximum turnover by negotiating best deals and pricing with supplier
- Degree in Retail Management or Business Studies or equivalent
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Professional Certification in Category Management etc.
- Prior experience in Category Management and e-commerce
- Good understanding of supply chains, product / quality specs, product variations, drivers of cost, and drivers of volume fluctuations of different Categories
- Strong data analysis skills, System knowledge in SAP and Microsoft Office
- Highly customer-oriented, motivated, meticulous and results oriented
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills both in person and on paper
- Able to make quick decisions in ambiguity
- Team player and ability to collaborative and work effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, excellent negotiation skills
- Able to work under a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Resourceful and able to work independently
Work Location: FairPrice Hub, 1 Joo Koon Circle
Apply for Category Manager.
Job vacancy Category Manager and Category Manager Salary.