Over the last years SWIFT has developed a portfolio of shared services, ranging from solution around Business Intelligence, Reference Data, as well as Financial Crime Compliance. These shared services are considered as the growth engine for SWIFT now and in the years to come achieving over 20% YOY growth in revenue, 30% in FCC.
Our ambition for Financial Crime Compliance in the Asia Pacific region is high; we seek to develop trusted relationships with the key accounts (elite banks) as well as continue to raise standards across the more emergent banking communities. In order to support the increased number of solutions in this space as well as growth prospects in the following years, we continue to seek high quality candidates to join us on this exciting journey.
Although responsible for revenue numbers, the quality of client engagement is key as is the technical (domain plus product knowledge) support you can give to an existing strong team of relationship managers.
We are looking for a talented individual to join the regional team, to work with the FI community in North Asia and ASEAN to identify solutions opportunities and work with the account managers to manage the opportunities to successful closure.
The role will see the individual sell solutions across a range of disciplines within Financial Crime Compliance requiring some deep knowledge of the space; sanctions screening, sanctions screening filter testing, sanctions data, correspondent banking due diligence, cyber/payments fraud and tools that highlight exposure to nesting via your correspondent network.
What to expect
In close collaboration with your product management and relationship management colleagues you will:
- Manage the positioning and expansion of SWIFT FCC and cyber solutions into the key markets across Asia Pacific (focused on ASEAN)
- Collaborate with existing account managers to identify and map the appropriate stakeholders across technology, compliance and operations to gain consensus and maintain deal momentum.
- Build, manage and report on a pipeline of sales opportunities across these accounts
- Develop appropriate market and solutions expertise to act as a credible domain expert to assist in C-level and below conversations as well as assist in industry engagements and event presentations.
- Act as a thought leader by using domain expertise to distill messages for the Account management group as well as clients.
- The key responsibilities will be to: – Identify customer needs/market opportunities and achieve business growth by building and maintaining long term customer relationships within the assigned territory/accounts .
- Develop plans for sales accounts/campaigns in order to achieve targeted sales objectives generating revenue.
- Provide regular tracking and reporting on sales activities – Represent SWIFT and promote the company’s products and services in order to grow our business by participating in, and occasionally speaking at, workshops and conferences.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with other APAC divisions/departments to provide the expert knowledge to communicate SWIFT’s solutions and market initiatives to customers and to deliver SWIFT’s products and services.
- Provide regular feedback on your markets and customer feedback on our products and services – Acquire and maintain market, product and services knowledge.
What will make you successful?
- At least 5-7 years of experience in sales and relationship management in the APAC region preferably having focused on selling FCC software and services to financial institutions in Asia Pacific OR
- Experience working in a Bank with awareness of AML, CTF and KYC processes
- OR a client-facing product marketing manager with deeper domain knowledge and a track record of heavy involvement in solutions sales.
- Domain expertise in either or all of: Financial Crime compliance (preferred); sanctions, IDV or KYC, fraud, payments, correspondent banking, enterprise data sales or associated technology sales.
- Good overall knowledge of the financial services industry
- Strong selling skills and focus on achieving sales targets with a clear understanding of value-based selling or associated methodologies that is clearly part and parcel of their daily operating rhythm.
- Expected Language skills in English and advantage if Bahasa or Mandarin or combinations thereof
- Customer focused
- Proven communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Be able to perform desktop research on FCC topics and distill content back to client groups externally and internally and how it relates to SWIFT
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at executive level
- Team player
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below:
- Avalon Ingram – Head, FCC and Data Experts (Hiring Manager)
- Naofumi Sukegawa – Director FCC, Intelligence and Data Services (Team Member)
- Victor Ooi – Recruiter for the role.
What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself
We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals – like you – with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone’s voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.
Apply for Commercial Manager (Financial Crime).
Job vacancy Commercial Manager (Financial Crime) and Commercial Manager (Financial Crime) Salary.