Please make sure to read the application thoroughly and follow the appropriate application process, incomplete applications will not be considered.
We believe the place where you are born shouldn’t determine your opportunities in life. We provide access to global opportunities by offering a world-class education no matter where you come from.
Microverse is an online school for software developers where students learn to work remotely with people from around the world. Students don’t pay tuition until they get hired and start a global career. As of today, we have students in 100+ countries, and more than 90% of our alumni get a job within 6 months with an average salary increase of 240% working for companies like Microsoft, and VMWare.
We are backed by amazing investors worldwide, including Y Combinator, Northzone, General Catalyst, and many world-class angel investors, such as Paul Graham, Paul Buchheit (the creator of Gmail), Kevin Hartz (the founder of Eventbrite), and Erica Brescia (Github’s COO).
We are a passionate and fast-moving team of global citizens working remotely from 12+ countries. Being remote-first and transparent, we take pride in the amazing remote culture we are building, while also making time for in-person time with team members around the world. We are a small but mighty team of curious, life-long learners, who love tackling challenges and helping shape the future of education.
Talent is universal, but opportunity is not. We’re on a mission to change that. With the recent closing of our Series A, there has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team.
- ? About the Role
We’re looking for a kind, passionate and experienced support professional to join our growing Admissions team. To be successful in this role, you currently live in Africa and have two or more years of experience in customer support, customer success, community management, or B2C account management.
The Microverse Admissions team manages thousands of applicants every week. From the second they show an interest in the school until the very moment they are admitted into the program, they are yours to help succeed. You’ll be in charge of providing exceptional and empathic support throughout the applicant journey, navigating a broad range of cultural, technical, and administrative questions and tasks.
To be suitable for this position, you should have the ability to learn quickly and work autonomously and swiftly without compromising the quality of your output. Most importantly, you should enjoy communicating with others and seeing them succeed. You are resourceful, with the patience and interpersonal skills to confidently carry your message across to a global community of applicants.
You would join the Admissions team that currently consists of three support advocates. These are based in Brazil, the Philippines, and the UK. You would also work closely with, and report to, the Admissions Lead who is based in Portugal, and the Head of Admissions who’s currently in Spain.
- Timely and accurately respond to inbound conversations from multiple sources using Intercom. (Familiarity with CRM and support systems are advantageous)
- Fully and comprehensively communicate the specifications and requirements of each stage of the application process, as well as their objectives, to best inform your responses to the applicants
- Coach applicants that face difficulties during their application journey
- Escalate operational or technical issues to the relevant team/s
- Spot trends and keep a continuous and constructive feedback loop between the applicant and various teams and leadership layers to help inform strategic direction and initiatives
- Display the ability to formulate and recreate technical and non-technical errors and escalate them accordingly
- Help the efficiency and scalability of the team’s proactive communication stream by creating new FAQ articles, canned responses, and similar solutions and automation
Operational & Administrative
- Ensure operational duties are completed daily with the goal of advancing applicants to their next stage in the application process
- This includes assessing applicants against a number of criteria and requires a high degree of focus, objectivity, and data handling
- Relay constructive and empathic feedback to applicants, to prevent applicants from being admitted until certain requirements can be met from both technical, behavioral, and/or environmental aspects
- Update both internal and external copy and documentation to reflect changes to processes, facts, and conditions
Experience & Skills Requirements
- 2+ years of experience in customer support, community management, or customer success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to learn and take advantage of different technology and software solutions
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-driven to raise the quality of your work
- Proactive at identifying problems and insights based on your interactions with customers
- High empathy for working with individuals from different countries and cultures
- Resourceful troubleshooter and proactive communicator
- A great team player
Ideally, you also…
- Are highly process-driven and can scale support in creative ways
- Are curious about data and enjoy building and improving automation and workflows
- Have worked with customer support tools and messaging platforms such as Intercom
- Have previous experience working for a remote or distributed company
- Are eager to experiment and learn
- Consider yourself to be a global citizen and are passionate about making opportunities more equally distributed around the world
- Demonstrated passion for the learning and education sector
At Microverse, salaries are transparent and based on location and experience. The salary range for this role could be between $32,069.81 – $63,219.97. We used Medellin and London for the range benchmarks.
Some example salaries for locations are below:
- Medellin: $32,069.8
- London: $63,219.97
- Lagos: $42,559.84
- Mexico City: $37,106.38
- Madrid: $46,820.81
- Sao Paulo: $35,211.00
- Nairobi: $35,114.05
- Buenos Aires: $34,372.38
The equity compensation for this role is 0.0250%.
- Core Working Hours
At Microverse, we strive to work asynchronously as much as possible in order to make global remote collaboration effective and efficient. However, we have core hours where every team member is expected to be available for meetings. Core hours at Microverse are 10:30 am to 12:30 pm Eastern Time, USA. If you live on the west coast of the Americas or in East Africa/Europe, this will probably impact your daily schedule more than other team members.
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company and make a positive impact on thousands of people around the world.
- Leading all-remote working culture.
- International company retreats with our global team once every ~9 months.
- Meet-the-team travel allowance.
- Learning and development stipend for books, courses, and conferences.
- Hardware & office set up stipend.
- Unlimited PTO and 12 weeks fully-paid parental leave.
- Work alongside our fully distributed team from 12+ different countries.
- This position is a full-time remote position.
- Our team believes in and embodies our core values:
- We are global citizens
- We are passionate about our mission
- We invest in people
- We are eager learners
- We are transparent
- We take ownership of our work
- We live a harmonious life
How to Apply
- Send us a short paragraph telling us why you think you are a great fit for this position and include the keyword “sunshine” in the job listing to make sure that you read the entire job description. Applications without a keyword will not be moved forward in the process.
- This position is a full-time remote position.
- If you pass the first screening, we will invite you to the second step of our hiring process where we use a tool called Hireflix to ask a few questions. We use this tool to promote asynchronous communication and to achieve a more objective initial screening – both of which are very important in our remote environment.
- Following steps: Interview with the hiring manager, short take-home assignment, general and cultural fit interview with a team member, and finally, a cultural fit interview with our CEO.
Microverse is an equal opportunity employer and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Apply for Customer Support, Admissions (Africa) – Agency.
Job vacancy Customer Support, Admissions (Africa) – Agency and Customer Support, Admissions (Africa) – Agency Salary.