23 mei 2023
19 juni 2023
To be determined
Operations Support Manager
War Child is a young and dynamic organisation. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
“Experienced finance manager with knowledge of, and experience in HR management and administration, logistics management, and IT”
You will play a key role within Ukraine’s War Child Holland Representative Office (RO) managing across the areas of HR, financial management & administration, logistics management and ITC. You will ensure supporting processes are running effectively to enable in-country staff and stakeholders to efficiently carry out the response program in Ukraine.
Financial Management & Administration Support
- Support the Country Representative in maintaining efficient financial control (cash flows, local payments of Implementing Partners (IPs), etc.); accountability standards, procedures and records.
- Responsible for financial management policy and guidelines being followed.
- Oversee and ensure accurate, timely and correct bookkeeping and other financial records.
- Ensure secured money transfers and bank relations.
Logistics and Information & Communication Technology (ITC)
- Develop and enhance systems and guidelines of IPs procurement; stock control; equipment use and maintenance, etc.
- Review IP logistics manuals and ensure logistics policy and guidelines are followed.
- Manage quality control and compliance of Representative Office management of supplies, assets, stock, PC’s, server and communication.
- Manage the quality of logistical aspects of security management.
- Responsible for timely managing registration, work permits, visa and insurance issues.
- Responsible for quality and security in the management and maintenance of IT and communications.
- Oversee in-country HR administration and enhance HR related tools and guidelines. Monitor policies and practices are in line with local legislation.
- Build capacity of local partners in the areas of finance/logistics/HR/admin processes.
- Responsible for ensuring National Staff policies are in place and adhered to.
Capacity Building and Knowledge Management
Actively compile lessons learned/best practices and share knowledge with the Representative Office project team and IPs.
- Monitor information related to contractual arrangements – on audits, inventories, utilization and all such elements in the contracts and grants.
- Ensure all required work-related records are collected and maintained.
- Support the project team to maintain a database/archive of all grant-related information and documentation of all the IPs.
Functie-eisen en profiel
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, development studies, economics, project management, finance or an equivalent degree in related fields is required.
- Knowledge of financial administration, logistic procedures (including procurement and maintenance), ICT (computer, network, communication means) and HR-administration.
- A minimum of 4 years post bachelor’s degree of relevant experience at the national or international level in related fields.
- Practical experience with INGOs, or UN agencies financial and operational procedures.
- Experience working with grants projects, including monitoring financial performance and providing capacity building support to grantees.
- Excellent social and communication skills.
- Capacity to advise and coach executive staff to reach results and quality.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Ukrainian is preferred.
Depending on the duty station, local contract with salary and secondary labour conditions based on the local salary scale and T&C will apply.
Location: Any country where War Child Holland has its offices. Preference is for Ukraine based. The successful candidate must be eligible to work in that country. Preference will be given to local candidates.
Contract: War Child standardly offers a 1-year contract. Weekly working hours of 40.
Informeren en solliciteren
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 19 June 2023. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and a short cover letter to:
Applications are considered and reviewed on a rolling basis.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
- Only applications received via our website are processed.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.
Apply for Operations Support Manager – null.
Job vacancy Operations Support Manager – null and Operations Support Manager – null Salary.